One of a million blessings.

A blessing can mean so many different things to each person. For me, a blessing can be a small moment of peace in a crazy time or it can be the things that never happened. More often than not my blessings are the small things that may mean nothing to someone else but mean the world to me. 

I went to church tonight and once again I was reminded of Gods great mercy. It had started raining this morning and was still coming down pretty hard. When I left the house the fog was thick and I almost turned around and went home. It's about 40 minutes to church from my house and driving when I can't see 10 feet in front of me wasn't sounding like a good idea.  I said a small prayer that God would just allow me to make it okay so that I could be in meeting tonight and not a minute later the fog seemed to just disappear. After church everyone was going to grab a bite to eat but I decided I had better get home before the roads got to bad. So back to my car to make the long journey home I went. The rain was coming down harder now, so once again I said a quiet prayer that God would just keep me safe and let me make it home. As I was driving down the road I had some songs from church stuck in my head, so I began to sing while driving. One song kept coming to my mind in particular, only I couldn't remember the words to anything besides the chorus so I didn't sing it. I was on the freeway when I hit the first river of water that caused me to slide a little. I just let go of the gas, held on to the steering wheel and asked God to be with me. Looking back on it now I can't even remember how many times I repeated that, but I just kept thanking God and drove on. 

Quick side note so everyone can understand why this experience meant so much to me!! Last July I was in a car accident that left me with a totaled car and whiplash so bad I couldn't wash my own hair for two months! To say the least I am now a super nervous driver. I am completely tense when I drive, and I almost never relax even on the best days. So in these weather conditions you can imagine how hard my heart was pounding while driving!

Anyways, I was about 20 minutes from home when I felt like singing at least the chorus to that song I couldn't get out of my head. "Put Angels All Around You." I sang the chorus and instantly I felt a peace inside my car. I was relaxed and just knew that God wouldn't let anything happen to me, I sang it over and over the rest of the way home and even when I drove over the rode that was completely flooded and my car was defiantly not connected to the road, I wasn't worried. It's in these moments that I am so humbled that God cares for me and watches over me. It's one of a million blessings in my life and I am so thankful for it. <3

Comments

  1. So thankful to read this, it truely touched my heart. Keep up with the good work kiddo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts