Mommy Time

Becoming a mommy has been the greatest adventure of my life. Everything changes when you have a baby, you no longer come first. You can't just run ANYWHERE quickly. You do not get to decided when it's time for bed, or time to eat, or time to wake up. This tiny beautiful baby that I created is in control and goodness if she doesn't take advantage of it! She is outspoken (as a baby can be), she is strong willed which will be amazing when she is older but for now it mostly means sleep doesn't come easy in this house.

Despite how hard it can be at times, it is truly the most wonderful thing that could have happened to Landon and I. Sometimes we just sit and stare at her beautiful face, when she is asleep or laughing, and we realize how blessed we are. It's amazing how the entire universe shifts when you have a baby. Everything in you only wants to give her what she needs, and to make her happy. I am so lucky to have my husband by my side through it all, because at 2 am when both Adeline and I haven't slept and I am at my end I know I can always rely on him to come take her and let me sleep even if it's only for an hour. He is such an amazing daddy, the amount of love he has for her is something i've never seen.

Lately we have been working on getting a schedule down. I know, most mommies are probably laughing at me right now because babies don't really do a schedule, but you can't blame me for trying! Her "bed time" has been around 8 o'clock even though that rarely happens but we try! And in the mornings she does like to sleep in usually, some mornings its been till 10! Which has been good for me because I get some time to myself, which wasn't really happening and it's been really good for me. Most mornings I try to get up before her and get my coffee in me. (Because Lord knows I am NOT a morning person until I have coffee in me!) Also I usually get a little time to go through my emails, and check out pinterest. The morning's are when I also get to prepare myself for what the day might bring, Meditate a little and make a plan.

I'm so thankful for this life that i have been blessed with, It's a good life <3


Comments

Popular Posts