It's That Time Of Year..

All is quiet in the Swezey home. After a very busy and wonderful Thanksgiving, flu season hit us with a vengeance, so thankfully everyone is resting. It started with me and last night it hit Adeline. Babies should not be allowed to have the flu, I just want that known. I'm hoping and praying Landon won't get it and we can move on to enjoying Christmas season to the fullest!! This weekend is the Creswell Christmas tree lighting which truth be told is probably one of my favorite days in December. There's music and a parade and food and hot cocoa, coffee and apple cide and the whole town comes to listens to the choir sing and light the Christmas tree! It's right out of a hallmark movie -Cue someone suddenly deciding they love someone else and riding in on a Christmas hay truck! Haha okay, clearly I watch to many movies but you get the point. 

Christmas was always magical when I was little. I guess a huge part of it was where we grew up. When you live on a 1500 acre ranch and have snow every Christmas season everything in the world seems good. On Christmas Eve we would have dinner at my grandpas and he would dress up like Santa, get up on the roof and throw down a bag of presents. Then my other grandparents would stay the night at our house and in the morning we would gather in the living room and open presents while having coffee, hot cocoa or whatever your drink choice was. There was always a big breakfast and a huge dinner. Usually lots of sledding and building a snowman, there was always something to do. Looking back it seems so picture perfect. Truthfully, it was. What more could any kid want on Christmas? 

Now that I'm a mommy for Christmas, I want Adeline's Christmas to be perfect. I want her to have magical memories of her childhood like I do. Unfortunately in Creswell we don't get to much snow.. and Redding gets even less haha! so maybe in a few years we can go to the snow for Christmas, as for this year we will be hoping for a mirical. If anyone has any wonderful Christmas traditions that they started when babies when little, please let me know!! I'm all about traditions but there's so many Adeline can't do yet! Ice skating, gingerbread houses, all that good stuff 😉

May your home be filled with love, family, and coffee! And your holiday be filled with wonder ❤️

Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts