Autumn is here again

It's another quiet morning in the Swezey house. We are all recuperating from our long weekend in Washington. We had such a great weekend too! Swimming in the river, checking out  Whinthrop and eating some GREAT food the whole time! And we got to see a few extra friends along the way! It was a great way to end the Summer and ring in Autumn!

Being in Washington made me realize just how much I miss my sister. I hate that Roman and Shaela moved so far away. When Landon and I got together his family really became my family, and his sisters turned into my best friends. I spent more time with them then Landon most days! I can only hope that we all live close again, and make trips as often as possible. Living in Salem away from family makes me realize just how important family really is. They are the constant strength in a world full of sadness and negativity. I am so grateful that I have two families that love and support us they way they do. 

And of course, while we were away September started!!!! It's the start of my favorite season. Every year I wait, counting the days till September is here. After December I would be totally happy if we went straight back to the end of summer and the beginning of fall. I have counted down the days, I have burned pumpkin candles in the middle of spring, my house is fully decorated and I am so ready so wrap myself in some warm scarves and hats and brave the cold!... Of course its still in the 70's and 80's here so that part probably wont start for a few more weeks, but I am ready! Pumpkin spice drinks are out, I am currently sipping a cup of pumpkin pie coffee as we speak, and even those words I just wrote made my heart pitter patter a little faster! I love pumpkin pie, and pumpkins, and corn mazes and harvest festivals! I know, total shocker that I would love that stuff.... or not a shock at all ;) 

However I can never express that pure joy this season brings me. I know some people like to make fun of me being typical, but I don't care! Because this is the start of the holiday season, and it is only this time of year that magic is brought back to the world. People are perpetually kinder this time of year, they are more willing to see past their daily lives and look around for a minute to see whats going on around them. I personally believe is has to do with the world changing colors and the leaves falling. They are vibrant oranges, brilliant reds, and soft yellows! Every time I see the leaves falling from a tree I can feel it in my soul, that spark of happiness and contentment. This is the time of year to grab a friend, a good cup of coffee and just bear your soul. It's the time when Landon and I hunker down, get blankets and snacks and watch some movies! Usually it ends up being Hallmark or Harry Potter, and I love these traditions that we have started so young in our marriage. I can't wait for Adeline to be old enough to enjoy these amazing moments with us, but we have fun playing now anyways haha although the movies may not be totally watched, I will cherish these memories forever. 

And while were on the topic of everyone looking around them, I would like to take a moment and ask that you could say a prayer for the ones who have lost anything and everything to these natural disasters going on around us. Worst of all the hurricanes, but there are terrible fires in Washington, Oregon, Canada, and California as well. I'm sure there are so many more that I don't know about, but sometimes a whispered prayer does more than you may ever know. <3

Comments

Popular Posts