We Made It

 Good morning!

Normally I am saying that for the first time at 8 or so. These days I have to get up by 6:30 to get Landon off to work and Adeline to school on time. In just a matter of days life changed so drastically. I have been used to living at my own pace and these last few days have been a whole new world for me. This morning I drove Adeline to school bright and early, on the way I got to stare at the beautiful mountain rage I will soon be nestled at the foothills of. Yesterday we had a skiff of snow, so the mountain tops were dusted white and blue skies were peaking all around it. I was in awe of their beauty, and I felt very peaceful knowing this is my home. It hasn't even been a week, but I feel the sense of home when I drive around. (Even if it's driving around lost part of the time ha ha!) As I drove back home, I watched the clouds break way allowing the sun to reflect off the river and brighten the distant mountain ranges in in a beautiful show of color. I am absolutely astounded at how beautiful it is here, and the fact I have so many I love here makes it that much sweeter. 

I have never had a long-term home, in fact the last house Lanon and I lived in was the longest I have ever lived in one home. (A little over 3 years.) We traveled around a lot when I was little, so to find somewhere that I know I will be for a long period of time makes me so giddy inside, I just want to cry! ha! I won't, but I am truly elated to be here. 

Before we left Oregon, we had a very crazy couple of weeks. My mama in law came and stayed a long weekend while a friend had her baby. Then my sister and brother-in-law came down for a week and their little boy ended up breaking his arm while they were down and so the week looked a little different than expected. However, we still went hiking up to the waterfalls and ate a lot of good food lol. After they left Landon and I went on a much-needed day trip to a tulip festival alone where we went on a hot air balloon ride! It was absolutely breathtaking! When we were up in the air everything was so calm and quiet. I have never in my life experienced anything like it, and it was absolutely incredible. It was the perfect way to say goodbye to Oregon and our life there and start the next chapter of our lives!

The last week was also full of sister time, and lots of goodbyes to friends and family. Goodbyes are always hard, but honestly, we were so tired and there was so much to do my mind was always going about 1,000 miles an hour. The trip up to Waashington, thank God, went so smoothly. The Uhaul was excellent, all the pets did great, and really, we all just so excited it was really happening! The first few days I think we were just so exhausted and overwhelmed we didn't get a whole lot done lol, But we're settling in much more now. 

Adeline had her first T ball practice Monday, and she had her first day of school yesterday! She has already made friends and is enjoying life at this pace. This season of life is already starting off so sweet and I am here for it! Summer is coming and this year I WONT HAVE HAY FEVER! I can't remember the feeling of being able to be outside in May without hives and asthma ha! We have already had our first Volleyball game of the season --Thats our main family wide game in the summer, we have a whole text thread dedicated to Volleyball games ha! I am so looking forward to Summer and all that it will bring!

Can you tell I am happy? Because truly, I am. Life is hard, and being away from the ones you love is difficult, and you never have everyone you love in one place, but I feel the sense of home one should feel when they plan to build a life in one place. 

And that is exactly what I intend on doing here. Building a home, building a life, giving my kids a peaceful beautiful happy place to grow and learn and thrive. So if you need me, I will be in my sweet little corner of the world, trying to be grateful for every moment even if its a crazy one lol And with building a house I am sure there will be a lot of crazy ones. If you read through this entire gush post just know, I appreciate you. 

Thank you and have a beautiful day! 


And drink extra coffee for me! ;) 

Comments

Popular Posts