If life could just stand still a minute more...



Sometimes I forget just how small you are. Sometimes you shine so brightly, you're so very full of life, laughter and sassyness that I don't remember that you are only 16 month, 31 in tall and 22 lbs. You seem like so much more than just a baby... You are my best friend, biggest trial, my greatest love and my first baby. I spend every day loving you, caring for you and honestly, I am so completely consumed with being your mommy that often forget what life was like before you. I love you more that words can tell. I also forget that others don't have one like you in there lives, and I pity every person who doesn't know you. For you are truly a one of a kind light in a very dark world. 


Some days you try my patients, some days I forget to be in the moment and watch you smile, listen to you jibber jabber to your teddy bear. And I know I will regret every moment I missed, being busy with life and 'important' every day things. I know that you will only continue to grow, and as much as I look forward to everything to come a part of me wishes with all my heart that I could freeze time. I wish you would stay little forever, so that I can have you sweet, tiny and innocent. A life when Daddy and I are your whole world. Your only sadness is scraped knees and overly tiring days when everything seems to be the end of the world. As hard as some days are, I wish we could keep them like this forever. In this quiet house where you were brought into this world, loved more than you can imagine from the moment we saw your beautiful face for the first time. 


However staying in this moment is not an option. Life is changing rapidly. This house will soon be just a memory, our first home where our first baby was born. So many first's were in this house, and I don't know how to say goodbye to our home. Because even though some days I wished to rip apart the kitchen, or set fire to the whole thing because it drove me crazy, this is our home. A lot of life has happened in this house. We have had heart break, love, met new friends, welcomed new lives and said goodbye to old friends. 




It's where Landon and I got to start our amazing love story, and many... MANY cups of coffee have been shared. We have been blessed to share our home with family and friends. We had company and God sent us friends to come when we needed them most. We have faced our demons, and overcome some trials. All these things will always be tied to this house, and although some of them I am glad to see go, I will always cherish the memories we have from this house. 

A new chapter is about to begin for us, and as hard as it is for me to turn the page I can only hope that what is to come will be better. That we can find our way closer to God, closer to his people even though we are moving farther away. The time in this house has taught me that I need to be present in this life God has blessed me with, and to always remember it IS a blessing. I have strayed from where I am meant to be. I'm praying with this move I can find my way back, I can feel what I once felt and be the example I want so desperately to be for my daughter and the pillar of strength for my husband. 


God be with you till we meet again. 




Comments

Popular Posts