It's Been Awhile!

Goodness, I didn't realize how long it's been since I got on here! I guess that's what i get for being busy haha! Lots has been going on since Thanksgiving as you can imagine. We got to go up to Washington and rent a house with Landon's family which was of course a blast. The holidays flew by faster than I realized because now it all really seems like a blur!

And of course right before new years we got some amazing news! We are pregnant with Swezey baby #2! Yes that's right! Adeline is going to be a big sister!! We couldn't be more excited either! Of course the morning sickness has put a slight damper on it, I know its all worth it! Especially now that Adeline's obsession is baby's and baby dolls, I know shes going to love love love having a baby in the house. Probably part of the reason it's been so long since I haven't been on here is the morning sickness aspect, it definitely isn't as bad as it was with Adeline, but it's still no walk in the park. Thankfully I have the best husband ever who is so great helping me with Adeline and making food and all that jazz lol. 

Well now that you're caught up on whats been going on with us, I will get to what made me think about writing it all down. As I said, I haven't been feeling great but the past two days in the afternoon and evenings I have been feeling quite a bit better. Evan like a normal human I dare say ;) But because I was feeling so good this evening I told Landon I would make some Hamburger soup (Which I use the 'Pioneer Woman Dinner Time Cookbook' recipe and oh my, its heavenly.) Anyways he offered to help me get all the veggies chopped up, so we spent our evening in the kitchen together talking, laughing and listening to music while Adeline played in the living room being a good girl. We sat at the dinner table (Which hasn't happened much lately since I haven't really been doing much cooking haha) and ate as a family, still talking and laughing. After dinner Landon helped me clean up a bit and then came in the living room to play with Adeline. While I finished getting his lunch ready for the next day, and cleaning up the rest of our dinner mess I listened to the music and the amazing sounds of my husband playing with our little girl, her laugh filling the whole house and in that moment I felt so blessed. And I thought that this little girl has brought so so much joy in our lives and that this tiny baby growing in my belly is so lucky to have Landon as it's daddy. 

Sometimes we get so lost in wanting more, wanting things to be different. Some days I get so irritated that we live in this small apartment with neighbors. I get annoyed at living in town, and having a small back yard. I wish I had a big kitchen that I could be apart of whats going on in the living room rather than being cut off. And sometimes I get so stuck in being ungrateful for what I have been given, that I miss these wonderful happy moments with my family that makes it all worth living for. But tonight, after weeks of not feeling good and finally having a good day and feeling somewhat normal I felt so much joy rush in. Having Landon stand in the kitchen chopping veggies by my side, and showing me so much love threw such small gestures I couldn't be more thankful for this little life we have. Listening to relaxing music, sipping lemonade and just laughing and talking with Landon reminds me of why I fell in love with him in the first place. I'm just so grateful I married my best friend, and that we have this tiny apartment and our crazy child and another one one the way. 

I guess what I am saying is that I am just grateful today, and im praying this whole feeling better phase keeps up and I can start doing the normal things again! Hopefully, you are doing better than I am, and being grateful for what you have. Seeing the light in ever situation and most of all just keep praying, laughing and smiling through it all. Hopefully I can fallow my own advice on this one. ;)
Well, I am off to finish the dessert that is beeping at me in the oven! Yes, I made dessert too! (It was our of a box people, I didn't want to push it too far. ;) Have a wonderful evening!

Comments

Popular Posts