Changing of the seasons means just a little more this year.

 Good morning world!

I have been trying to get up earlier than my girls most days lately, to try and get a cup of coffee and a little bit of quiet time before the insanity starts. So this morning at 6:30 I rolled out of bed, grabbed my cup of coffee and came to enjoy the cool of the morning on my front porch before it gets hot out. 

I am also trying to enjoy my house and my front porch more since the days are numbered here. So very much is about to change in our lives, and while I am so excited and ready for this change, I worry about how we're going to make all this work! The season of life we're in now has been really crazy, Landon had been studying and working almost constantly, and we have been pretty busy with the kids activities and family coming and all the travel! I was really looking forward to life slowing down a bit with the cooler weather, but as usual God has other plans! That is usually how it goes for us, I have a plan and it usually goes out the window pretty quickly! Haha! Oh well, life is supposed to be unexpected, right?

Anyhow, with Landon officially finishing his schooling, work has been crazier than ever. Adeline will be starting Kindergarten in the fall and that is so unreal to me! Not having her home all day will be such a change, one that I am looking forward too but also very nervous over. Blakely always keeps me busy so really no change there, hehe! And of course with the change of the season we tend to book our calendars a little more. All the fun autumn activities that I dream about all year are available and of course for me there is much more baking and cooking to do! 

But now I have to take all of this and downsize (I use that word sparingly because its still 36ft) into a travel trailer! We're staying with family in Oregon for a few months and then heading to Washington after that! It's going to be interesting to say the very least! I am so thankful because God really has worked every step of the way out for us. Between buying and selling the house, Landon finishing school early, and finding the perfect trailer UNDER BUDGET!! I see the path, it's now just embarking on this adventure and finding our footing as we make it all work. 

Honestly, I am really excited for the next chapter in our lives. Moving to Washington was something that I didn't expect to want only 2 years ago. And now here we are and I am so anxious to get there! Being around family is so important to us, and knowing that Adeline will be in school with all her cousins will be such a great comfort for me. Having a kid old enough to start school seems crazy to me as well, she is so excited to go and learn and make new friends! I love that she is about to have all these new school experiences because they are so important for her age, but oh man is this mama nervous! I am never away from my kids, like ever. If we go on a date night family watches them and we text or call and know they are okay. I don't think the teacher will thank me if I'm texting her all day to check in with Adeline hehe! 

All of this starts either next month or beginning of September (closing date is still unsure), so its just at the tips of my fingers but I can't quiet grasp it yet, which brings me back to trying to enjoy the last few weeks in life as we know it while packing and trying to get things organized to go into storage or be sold. Packing is something I have managed to block out of my memories and I now remember why! How do we accumulate so much stuff? I mean we have done pretty good compared to others and luckily I have done the minimalist challenge twice last year so things are fairly thinned out but STILL! With two kids the stuff just piles up and I'm not sure how to decide what comes in the trailer, what goes into storage and what we sell! 

So if anyone has any tips about making trailer like more usable and plausible with two kids... Hit me up! Haha! I'm going to need all the help I can get. But for now I hear little footsteps coming my way so I am off. 

Have a beautiful day <3

Comments

Popular Posts