One step at a time.

 ITS EXCAVATION DAY!!!!

Hallelujah! The last 6 months have been leading up to this moment! Finally breaking ground and getting started on the house!!! Yay!!!! I'm so excited!! Hopefully next week or the week after HiLine will be coming to start foundation! Finally it feels like we're actually getting started on building this dang house!! 

Someday soon we will be living in it and all this will be so far behind us we wont even have to worry about it! I am so excited to finally be here, words can't explain! Now if I could just find the prefect couch to order and all the other crap I need. One step at a time I guess!

I did get THE most beautiful fridge ive ever seen in my life! And I ordered our stove and dishwasher!! Im sooooooo excited! I literally can't wait! My kitchen is going to be gorgeous and im SOOOO here for it! Ive picked a bunch of plumbing fixtures as well, all Gold, it's going to be BEAUTIFUL. I just can't wait to see all of this come together!

----

about a month later and I've come to finish this post. I think I felt a little overwhelmed with all the decisions that need to be made. We did get the appliances ordered, we also got the couch ordered and the foundation has been poured. Every single day has felt like an uphill battle with this house. Something is always going wrong, be it the excavator hit the neighbors water line, her communications line or he dug too deep and now we have to pay $3000 to add another foot onto the foundation. Its always something. But we will hopefully have a house done sooner rather than later! 

Lately I have been focusing on paint colors and flooring colors, unsure of when I will actually get to go to the big city and look at samples in person to really make some decisions, but trying to have a general idea of what I want is helping me stay sane lol I am hoping that backfill will actually happen next week like Burt is saying. Then the builders can start actually building! It will be so fun to start seeing that progress!  

All in all, progress is being made, money is being spent and it's all going good! Looking forward to having my own house again! I can't believe it's almost been a year of not living in a house. Longest year of my life and yet somehow it has gone by really fast! I can't wait to see what life looks like next year! Absolutely crazy!

Comments

Popular Posts