A Good Reminder to Stay Humble.

Today I met a homeless man at Starbucks who stopped and talked to me about life. He heard me on the phone with someone as I complained about being in Redmond and how I wanted to be home. He told me he had once been engaged to a girl who was beautiful but mean. She had money and she had helped me get out of a rut when they got together. Right before they were to get married he broke it off. He said he would rather be homeless and work his way up than be married to someone who was not a good person. He worked as a bike taxi but someone had just stolen his bike yesterday so now he was looking for a new one.

Once he left I sat back and thought about how selfish I must have sounded to him. My husband is the kindest man I have ever met, he has a job that supports us and a comfortable life and we have a home to always go back to. Our home is always warm (or cool depending on the weather) and comfortable. I have never had anything stolen in my life and I always have food to put on my table. God has blessed me with so many wonderful things in this life and I know that some days I do take the things I have for granted. It was a really good reminder for me to humble myself and be thankful.

Comments

Popular Posts